Sunday, May 17, 2009
Its all about Dogs
While briskly walking around the streets of downtown New York, I find that it seems to be missing a very essential element to life. It is almost as if Times Square has an age limit of fourteen years or older. In an unofficial way, I suppose it does. I understand how dangerous the city is. I wouldn’t bring my children here either. But I think what interests me most, is that hardly any of the people in New York have children. It is obviously a very career oriented city, full of high profile business men and women, foreign tourists, as the homeless dot the corners of sidewalks. But in the midst of high profile people, to busy for a family, I have seen a few children on the subways. The mom or nanny usually looks completely frazzled dragging the little kid in by the arm telling them to sit and be quiet. One slapped her son’s hand when he reached in her bag for some Pirates Booty. I wondered what they would do if they saw a Utah mom and her six kids. That would be a culture shock. Now, if you walk around the parks or playgrounds, you will see dogs that are impeccably groomed. The poodles have collars with bling, a chiwawa was pushed in his own mini stroller. Today on my run, it was sprinkling outside. A woman had put little yellow raincoats on her three dogs. I tried not to laugh. It seemed almost ridiculous. Some people are kind of mixed up. Dogs are not children and children are not dogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment